City Hall of Gloversville | 3 Frontage Rd, Gloversville, NY 12078 | 518.773.4500
    emeryadmin · June 02, 2015 · Historic Gloversville · 0 comments

    Glove Theatre 1928

    The Glove Theatre was built in 1904 and presented live plays and Vaudeville acts.

    It was bought by Myer and Louis Schine and became their flagship of over 150 theatres that they owned.

    During their ownership, many prominent stars of the screen came to Gloversville, most notably Claudette Colbert and Henry Fonda when the Glove premiered ” Drums along the Mohawk “in the 1930’s.

    After being closed for over 20 years, the theatre has found new life as a performing arts venue due to the dedication of several volunteers.

    Visit Web Site

    Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.