The City of Gloversville will be holding a public open house for Waterfront Revitalization on October 23, 2019. More information HERE.
    The City of Gloversville Seeks to Establish a Street Tree Commission! Click HERE for more information
    Click HERE for changes made to the Gloversville City Code pertaining to garbage disposal, junk and debris, lawn trimmings and infestation!
    Focus on Gloversville – Finding Beauty Everywhere Photo Contest Winners
    Are you interested in volunteering in your community? Complete the new Volunteer Interest Form!
    See the  Fire Permit Fact Sheet for information on obtaining a fire pit permit.
    Check out the NEW Who Do I Contact flyer to find out more about what the City departments can help you with!
    Jennifer Mazur · May 31, 2015 · City Clerk · 0 comments


    The bride/groom/spouse must both come to the Clerk’s office between the hours of 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM Monday through Friday. Our office is located in City Hall at 3 Frontage Road.

    Documents required are photo ID’s and a certified copy of birth certificate’s. There is a questionnaire to be completed. The license will be issued in approximately 15 minutes. The fee is $40, payable by cash, check or money order.

    Once the marriage license is issued, there is a twenty-four hour waiting period before the ceremony can occur and the license is valid for sixty days from the date obtained.  Active Military have six months to get married.

    There is no blood test required.

    If you’ve been married before, you’ll have to show a copy of each divorce decree for each previous marriage. The decree must be stamped by the clerk of the county where it was filed. Typically, the date stamp would say FILED AND ENTERED, showing the date it was filed and, usually, a facsimile of the County Clerk’s signature. If your copy doesn’t have that, you may have to go to, write to or otherwise obtain a certified copy from the County Clerk where the decree had been filed and entered. The final step in any divorce is filing the decree with the County Clerk.

    If the previous marriage ended by death of your spouse, you will have to show a certified copy of the death certificate.

    We have a list of public officials who can perform marriage ceremonies.

    A marriage license is valid statewide. The only consideration as to where you obtain your marriage license is to remember that wherever you purchase it, that is where it will be filed should you need a copy in years to come for travel, retirement or death benefits.


    Application Copy of Marriage License



    Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.