Building permits maybe obtained at the Gloversville Fire Department Monday-Friday 8am to 4pm.
1. Make basic decisions about the size and location of the project.
2. Make an appointment to meet with the Building Inspector to discuss your project in general terms.
3. Have plans and specifications drawn up explaining all the details of your project.
Note: The following codes must be compiled within this process:
a. NYS Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code.
b. Code of the City of Gloversville
i. Building Code
ii. Zoning Code
4. Plans and specifications shall be reviewed as quickly as possible. The City Code allows for up to sixty (60) days for review by the Division of Buildings before a decision is required. Note: Review can be sped up by the submission of two sets of plans and specifications, so that the Division of Buildings and the Fire Department can work simultaneously. It should also be noted that a site plan review may also be required, depending on your location.
5. Time should be allowed at this point for meetings between you and your project people, the Building Inspector and the Gloversville Fire Department, to work out any unspecified or unclear details regarding your project.
6. Once everyone has agreed that your plans and specifications are complete, permits will be issued and work may begin on your project.
7. When all of the work is completed and any Governmental entity which has issued a permit has filed compliance statements with the Division of Buildings, a Certificate of Occupancy will be issued and the building may be occupied and used.