COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
Mayor’s Conference Room
January 9, 2018
A regular meeting of the Community Development Agency Board of Directors was held on
Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 3:30 PM in the Mayor’s conference room at City Hall. Those in
attendance: Mayor Dayton King, Janette Ryder, Judy Flanger, Deborah San Juan, Nick Zabawsky, and Rachel Frasier. Excused Absence: Ron Briggs
1. The December minutes will be approved next month.
2. Nick gave a background and described how the Community Development Agency works to the new board members.
3. The rehab status report was presented for the month of December. A house on West Street was
completed in December and the owners are very happy with the work. There are currently 2 homes under construction. One has encountered an issue with their electrical panel box and another has a problem with a rotted porch structure, which was discovered when the floor was pulled up. Nick will work with the contractor to set a price on these change orders.
4. The CDA program income report was presented for the month of December. The account balance was $48,943.73 at the end of December. Magworld is up to date on its payments. Crossroads Incubator Corporation has filed for bankruptcy, and Nick will talk to Tony to find out if there is any recourse for the CDA loan to CIC.
5. The Grant Status report for the month of December was presented to the Board. The remaining
CDBG 2014 grant will be used for administration costs. Most of the HOME grant is encumbered. The 2017 Restore grant will be used for the renovations of the CRG building. 2017 CDBG grant will be used for improvements to the sewer system.
6. Nick spoke about the Public Authority Compliance Manual and the separate audits from the City.
7. Motion was made to adjourn the meeting at 4:05 by Deborah San Juan and seconded by Jan Ryder.
All in favor.
Rachel Frasier – Recording Secretary