A regular meeting of the Community Development Agency Board of Directors was held on
Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 3:30 PM in the Mayor’s conference room at City Hall. Those in
attendance: Janette Ryder, Ron Briggs, Karen Smith, Mayor Dayton King, Nick Zabawsky, and
- A motion was made by Karen Smith to approve the November minutes and seconded by
Janette Ryder. All in favor.
- The rehab status report was presented for the month of November. One home was completed
and 3 more are under construction. There is a possibility that we might be able to rehab 1 or 2
more homes under the HOME program, but it will depend on how the jobs under construction
- The CDA program income report was presented for the month of November. The account
balance was $49,489.51 at the end of November. Magworld is up to date on payments. There
was no update regarding Crossroads Incubator Corporation balance of $43,829.88. Ron will
speak to Tammy about preparing a monthly report of expenses the City pays for CDA.
- The Grant Status report for the month of November was presented to the Board. Nick is
slowly accumulating expenses for the remaining $10,000 CDBG Estee Grant. It is about half
way encumbered. There was an extension for the Estee Grant and will now expire on September
2018. We just received another HOME drawdown in the amount of $31,882.68. The Restore
Grant should be starting construction in the summer.
- Nick is working on another Restore Funding which is due on Friday and will be for 12-24
North Main Street. The owner is looking to convert the building to a restaurant or brew pub. It
will be a million-dollar project and the grant will be in the amount of $600,000-$700,000.
- The Governor will be making an announcement on Wednesday regarding the awards of the
grants nder the Consolidated Funding Application cycle.
- Motion was made to adjourn the meeting at 3:54 by Janette Ryder and seconded by Karen
Smith All in favor
Rachel Frasier – Recording Secretary