A regular meeting of the Community Development Agency Board of Directors was held on
Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 3:30 PM in the Mayor’s conference room at City Hall. Those in
attendance: Ron Briggs, Janette Ryder, Steve Kirk, Nick Zabawsky, and Rachel Frasier. Excused
Absence: Mayor Dayton King and Karen Smith.
- A motion was made by Ron Briggs to approve the November minutes and seconded by Janette
Ryder. All in favor.
- The rehab status report was presented for the month of November. Two jobs are under
construction and are close to completion. Two jobs will be going out to bid within the next
couple of weeks. A discussion was held about the HOME program. Nick advised the board that
HUD has a lot of new guidelines and it is taking many hours of paperwork that is needed to
submit for projects. Ron asked about the possibility of having the Congresswoman Stefanik
attend the January meeting to discuss our concerns about the HOME requirements. Nick will
speak to Dayton about inviting Congresswoman Stefanik.
- The CDA program income report was presented for the month of November. The account
balance was $46,004.12 at the end of November. The City has agreed to pay CDA costs that are
not covered by a grant. Mag World is up to date on its payments. There was no update regarding
Crossroads Incubator Corporation balance of $43,829.88.
- The Grant Status report for the month of November was presented to the Board. There will be
no activity until projects start construction. The Estee School Senior Housing project has been
funded and at tonight’s Council Meeting they will be passing a resolution to accept the $3.7
million dollar grant. The demolition of the Estee School should take place in late spring.
- The Annual Budget was distributed to the board. There are two formats, the one format is the
CDA format and the other is the OSC format. The Controllers format will be posted on the
website. Motion was made by Steven Kirk to approve the 2017 budget and seconded by Ron
Briggs. All in favor.
- Nick advised the board that the Public Works grant did not get funded.
- Steven advised the board that he has submitted a resignation letter to Mayor King and will be
resigning at the end of the year.
- Motion was made to adjourn the meeting at 3:54 by Steve Kirk and seconded by Ron Briggs.
All in favor.Rachel Frasier – Recording Secretary