COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
Mayor’s Conference Room
A regular meeting of the Community Development Agency Board of Directors was held
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 3:30 PM in the Mayor’s conference room at City Hall. Those in
attendance: Mayor Dayton King,Frank DeSantis, Eugene Reppenhagen, Steven Kirk,Rachel
Frasier and Nick Zabawsky. Excused Absent: Kathie Rohrs
- A motion was made by Steven Kirk and seconded by Eugene Reppenhagen to accept the
minutes of the previous meeting. All in favor.
- The rehab status report was presented. There were no projects completed during the previous
month and 1 project out to bid.
- The CDA program income report was presented for the month of December 2011. The
account balance was $94,210.43 at the end of December 2011. Mag world is current on their
- The Grant Status report for the month of December 2011 was presented to the Board. HOME
2008 funds as of today had a zero balance and will be removed off the report. HOME 2009 fund
has a balance of $78,504.25 which is all encumbered. There has been no activity with the 2010
AHC Grant. The CDBG 2011 grant has a balance of $400,000.
- Nick Zabawsky gave updates on the Affordable Housing Grant. There has been no activity
under the Affordable Housing Grant. We have one homeowner in process, looking for an
alternative site, since the previous site had water and sewer lines running through the property
and was not buildable.
- A discussion was held regarding the demolition of the Baptist Church. The state is ready to
process final payment to the City, but they are waiting on paperwork to be sent in. There was a
hold up with papers being signed because of a disagreement between a contractor and
subcontractor, but has been resolved.
- A discussion was held regarding the UDAG loan pool. The CDA is concerned that without the
monthly reports that have been requested, there is no accountability. The Agency has not
received any reports since August of 2011. A motion was made by Eugene Reppenhagen and 2nd
by Frank DeSantis to write a formal letter to Mike Reese and Agency outlining the concerns. All
- Nick again reported that there is no progress on the Estee School. Uri Kaufman was interested
in the building but is waiting for EDC and the developer to come to terms.
- With the new CDBG grant for housing rehabilitation, new procurements for consultants and
lead inspectors will be required. An ad was submitted to the Leader Herald looking for
Consultants, Contractors and Lead Risk Assessor and Clearance Inspector. Rachel will hand out
RFPs for any parties who respond to the advertising. WBE & MBE recruiting is also being
undertaken to comply with CDBG regulations.
- A motion was made by Eugene Reppenhagen and seconded by Frank DeSantis to enter into
an agreement with the City of Gloversville and the Gloversville Community Development
Agency regarding the CDBG 2011 Housing Rehabilitation Program. All in favor. Eugene
Reppenhagen requested that copies of the contract be provided to all Agency members prior to
signing of the contract.
- A motion to adjourn was made at 4:05 by Steven Kirk and seconded by Eugene Reppenhagen.
Rachel Frasier Administrative Assistant